What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SDS EFI fuel and ignition maps

Norcalrv7

Well Known Member
Is anybody willing to share their fuel and ignition tables they have come up with for a SDS EFI / EFII?

Possibly a few details too, such as basic engine displacement, compression, and size injectors used.

Also, what AFR targets are you shooting for for what power settings?

Caleb

I have found that visualizing a smooth fuel map is difficult for me when looking at numbers, so I made a spreadsheet to help. I fly the aircraft, and note the areas I would like to change, and the approximate % difference in fuel required. I then Plot the changes in the "try next" area of my spreadsheet, keeping everything nice and smooth. I reprogram the SDS controller with my new numbers, and go fly again. Here is my current map, which runs nice and rich (11:1) at high power, 12.5:1 at mid ranges, and 14:1 below 18" or so.
Just working on fuel for now, timing is next!

Thanks for publishing your current values.

We appreciate your feedback and are working on some ideas to output graphs directly from the data logging program.

We'll also incorporate some wrap-around limits for values at the 1/255 junction as you suggested.

I can send you my CPI ignition map. Same compression as you, should give you a good starting point.

PM me your email and I'll send it over.

just testing on engine stand on ground not flying yet

I know this thread is a bit dated but none-the-less I am happy to share my spreadsheet.

This is the current "map" I am using on a Honda 1.8L 4 cyl engine. It is on a test stand and not flying. This is with stock injectors and a 1 bar MAP sensor.

This is the second SDS system I have used and I really like it a lot.

These settings are a bit rich, but that is where I want them at the point of testing that I am conducting now.

You will actually see older maps on various sheets in this workbook.

sorry I have not figured out how to post excel sheets yet so I am going to post screen shots. I had to break it down in to 3 pages...sorry.

oue.jpg

ouv.jpg

ou7.jpg

Charlie Rosenzweig
Longview, Wash.

Back