What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pattern for stick boot

iamtheari

Well Known Member
I am probably going to buy a nice interior package at some point, but that will probably be after my test flying. That raises two questions:

1. Do the interior packages on the market generally have the F-14114 stick boot doublers or do they need the airplane owner to donate his from the kit?

2. Assuming that I don't need to hold onto my F-14114 stick boot doublers until I get a "real" interior, I would like to make stick boots using them. Does anyone have a pattern for the boot itself? I am smart enough to stitch something together but probably not smart enough to cut such a curvy thing from scratch.

why not just buy them from Flightline interiors? $80 for the pair. My complete interior--side panels, seats (including booster and short seat + 180), control stick boots, flooring for the front and the baggage area was about $3.2K. So with regular seats and no booster about <$3K.

why not just buy them from Flightline interiors? $80 for the pair. My complete interior--side panels, seats (including booster and short seat + 180), control stick boots, flooring for the front and the baggage area was about $3.2K. So with regular seats and no booster about <$3K.

Maybe there has been a little price rise since you paid $80/pair. It's showing $95 now.

My stick boots from Classic Aero came with the doublers already installed. Don't know about pattern availability.

My stick boots from Classic Aero came with the doublers already installed. Don't know about pattern availability.

Thanks for that data point. It means that, if I get ambitious, I can experiment with the doublers I have from the kit. :)

I don't know what color I want yet, and I am planning to buy an interior after the plane is flying. So rather than possibly have to buy stick boots twice, I would like to make a function-over-form temporary pair of stick boots to keep FOD out of the airplane's bowels while I'm doing the test flights. I definitely plan to buy a good pair with an interior package when the time comes. :)

Just a FWIW, the rear stick boot in my -4 has been an automotive floor shifter boot, since 1991, when it was built.

Back