VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-21-2014, 07:51 AM

Thumbs up Where is N666BK ?

Anybody check out Vlad's flight track yesterday along Long Island?
Now that's what I'm talking about.
Don't know how to insert the link here but check it out.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:09 AM

Default Easter Flight

I have nothing to do with that flight somebody else manipulated the controls. Identify yourself!

Не имей сто рублей, а имей сто друзей.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:34 AM

Obviously on a mission to have fun. Great flying area. Too much to see in one week. Been over the area many times. The sky pilot himself.
Stuart, Fl / S WINDSOR,Ct / Virgin Gorda, BVI
VAF #840 EAA AOPA FAC FABA QB SPA
RV HOTEL LOCATION oct thru may.
Pain Free by Pete Egoscue= your answer to all your aches and pains. 'suffering is optional"
addicted pickle ball player
Old 04-21-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
I have nothing to do with that flight somebody else manipulated the controls. Identify yourself!
It is true, I am the one responsible for that track around Long Island, and it was a blast.

I guess I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself, I've tried a few times before in other threads, but they never got a wide audience.

Anyway, I'm Greg and I have already met a few of you from here in my travels with Vlad. I just recently purchased an RV-9 empannage kit second hand and very partially completed. I am still not sure if I am going to continue through with this kit (or a new one), or if I will just eventually buy a flying RV.

I am an air traffic controller at New York center, so I'd be happy to answer any ATC-related questions anyone may have, as I am sure I will have many builder-related questions. I work oceanic airspace though, and seldom work any aircraft with a prop, let alone a piston engine, so my knowledge may not have much relevance. I would also welcome anyone to stop by my neighborhood to say hello or check out my shop and give me help or advice. I'm a 10 minute drive from ISP and 5 minutes from 23N.

The purpose of that flight was to test a new toy I picked up, a Garmin Virb Elite action camera. My video editing skills are a little rusty, but there will eventually be a video from that flight.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc1016 View Post
It is true, I am the one responsible for that track around Long Island, and it was a blast.

I guess I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself, I've tried a few times before in other threads, but they never got a wide audience.

Anyway, I'm Greg and I have already met a few of you from here in my travels with Vlad. I just recently purchased an RV-9 empannage kit second hand and very partially completed. I am still not sure if I am going to continue through with this kit (or a new one), or if I will just eventually buy a flying RV.

I am an air traffic controller at New York center, so I'd be happy to answer any ATC-related questions anyone may have, as I am sure I will have many builder-related questions. I work oceanic airspace though, and seldom work any aircraft with a prop, let alone a piston engine, so my knowledge may not have much relevance. I would also welcome anyone to stop by my neighborhood to say hello or check out my shop and give me help or advice. I'm a 10 minute drive from ISP and 5 minutes from 23N.

The purpose of that flight was to test a new toy I picked up, a Garmin Virb Elite action camera. My video editing skills are a little rusty, but there will eventually be a video from that flight.
Hey now, props go oceanic too! :-) Welcome and nice post.
Patrick
Privileged to explore the world in the venerable Lockheed C-130 and the regions around NC in a work-in-progress RV-4, kit #2614.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:34 PM

I thought the track was a result of sampling his gift he received on Friday ;^)
His track on Friday was very straight
West Chester Pa

2019 donation current
Old 04-21-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Vaughan View Post
I thought the track was a result of sampling his gift he received on Friday ;^)
His track on Friday was very straight
Nyet! The gift is still sealed. Those turns were induced by a very heavy camera mounted on right wing. We couldn't even climb more then 500'. Per minute...

Не имей сто рублей, а имей сто друзей.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
Vlad, did you have to put both hands on the yoke to keep 6BK from wanting to turn hard left for food as you passed by Gabreski?
Old 04-21-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc1016 View Post

Greg, like you I am a huge fan of the RV's but three kid'$ college and grad $chool have kept me flying a nice Cessna 150 for the time being. I keep it at HWV but pass by Bayport on my way out east. Send me a PM if you are interested in flying low and slow while you build the RV.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:42 AM

when in dought just buy one and enjoy flying and playing with one. sounds like you need to make more videos. cant wait to see your work. i could probably hook you up with some hangar space with friends at gabreski, north side.
Stuart, Fl / S WINDSOR,Ct / Virgin Gorda, BVI
VAF #840 EAA AOPA FAC FABA QB SPA
RV HOTEL LOCATION oct thru may.
Pain Free by Pete Egoscue= your answer to all your aches and pains. 'suffering is optional"
addicted pickle ball player