What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fire Extinguisher Leak

Champ

Well Known Member
I purchased an H3R Model RT-A600 Halon blend fire extinguisher ($237Cdn) from ACS Canada in March 2014 and noticed a couple weeks ago that it's charge had completely leaked out. On checking I discovered H3R Service Bulletin 2015-01 that says this model, their RT-A400 & RT-A1200 have been known to leak and to weigh them before every flight. The RT-A600 has since been discontinued.

Good news is ACS Canada contacted their supplier and agreed to take this extinguisher back and refund my purchase even though it is out of warranty. So if you have one of these remedy is available. Also - I would recommend to not purchase any extinguisher that has a plastic valve, no gauge and is non refillable.

Hmm

Interesting. Will have to check mine again. That halon is not great to breath in or release by accident. :eek:

When is first flight planned and will it be out of windsor??

Rick,

Waiting for Certificate of Registration. Applied 5 weeks ago. Transport Canada say it can take 90 days. Grrrr!! Completed 5 run ups adjusting mixture, idle speed, CS max rpm, taxi etc. Ready to fly. Have a few punch list items that I'm working off. First flight will be out of Leamington CLM2 - looks like early December. RAA will visit Nov 1. Come on over then or any time.

Bobby - I'm also replacing mine with the A344T. It's also about $100 cheaper. The old thread you linked was really interesting. To bad I didn't come across it sooner.

Back