What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Ride

CraigH@KRPH

Well Known Member
Finally got a new ride that seems a worthy replacement to the recently sold RV-6A. Photo courtesy of the previous owner. This seems like it's going to be a LOT of fun!

Wow,

That is quite a leap from one engine to four!

What will it cost you to hangar that thing?

Are the guns real?

Gotta love OD green!

Awesome news, Craig! So is it final? Got any good information you want to PM me via SP.com?

:)

Can't wait for a pirep!!!

Congrats, Craig! Looking forward to seeing that -4 at a local lunch gathering.

-4s rock.

b,
d

CraigH@KRPH said:
Finally got a new ride that seems a worthy replacement to the recently sold RV-6A. Photo courtesy of the previous owner. This seems like it's going to be a LOT of fun!

Yep Brandon, it's final. Flew it for an hour tonight. All I can say is YEEEEE-HAW!!!!! It will take a week for the grin to dissipate.

Had the new plane for a one week and all I can say is WOW! I love the RV-4, and have already racked up 6+ hours on her. I'd have many more, but work keeps getting in the way. ;)

I've flown quite a wide variety of airplanes, but nothing I've flown to date can hold a candle to the fun factor that the 4 posesses. It may not be the best cross-country plane for passengers, but it's about the most perfect "personal" airplane that I can imagine.

NICE! Enjoy it while you got it.

I'll probably forward that pic to my friend who recently aquired an RV4 project.

Engine is a 150hp Lycoming O320, prop is a Sensenich fixed pitch metal. I haven't taken any interior / panel shots yet, but here's one taken by the previous owner. He completely reworked the panel, and did an excellent job. The interior is bare bones unpainted aluminum.

Shot at 2007-07-21

Back