What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nashville

Flying to Nashville tomorrow JWN on my way to SC. Any comments on the Tune airfield?

I've heard good things about Tune, but for convenience when my wife and I flew there last Labor Day weekend we flew in to KBNA and parked at Signature. We were treated exceedingly well by the folks there, and for being an int'l airport the prices weren't as high as I'd expected. They even gave us a ride to the passenger terminal to pick up a cheap rental car.

Although if you're just making a quick fuel stop on your way to SC, there are some nice smaller fields to the east of the Nashville area with cheaper gas. Have a safe flight!

Last edited:
Be aware of the tall radio/television tower SE of Tune. Can't speak to the hospitality there. Notice that because of the tall tower, the pattern for runway 20 is right turns, meaning keep the patterns (both right for 20 and left for 2) on the WEST side of the airport. :)

Last edited:
Flying to Nashville tomorrow JWN on my way to SC. Any comments on the Tune airfield?

I usually stop at KSYI, which is just SE of Nashville. They usually have great fuel prices.

No food nearby, but there is a great restaurant in town if you can get the crew car.

I usually just fill up and take off, since we always seem to be in a hurry beating a weather front.:D

Last edited:
I usually stop at KSYI, which is just SE of Nashville. They usually have great full prices.

No food nearby, but there is a great restaurant in town if you can get the crew car.

I usually just fill up and take off, since we always seem to be in a hurry beating a weather front.:D

As someone who flies into SYI every month for breakfast I concur. Shelbyville will be a quicker and lower stress stop unless you have a need to visit Nashville. You will also get great views of the walking horse farms. :)

All of the fields around Nashville are great, including Tune. Nice, professional FBO and great alternative to KBNA. Others:

• Gallatin has a diner on field now (limited hours I believe).
  • Lebanon (M54- base for me) very laid back, fair amount of construction right now. Full service fuel.
  • Shelbyville has some EAB factory activity on the field.
  • Tullahoma has a Beechcraft museum
  • Murfreesboro lots of activity w/ MTSU flight school

We flew into Nashville a couple of years ago and used KJWN.
Complete lack of service. Not bad service just no service.
No lineman to meet the plane. Guessed at where to tie down. When we went into the FBO the woman at the counter ignored us for five minutes.
Many better places if you are just looking for a short fuel stop.

TUne

A group of us canucks invaded TUNE for a fun weekend last august. (16) It was great, one of the good ones. They came and got us in golf carts, pulled the rental up to the planes, all top service. Believe fuel was a little pricey, but we always ensure we dont need a lot when we are going into the pricey stops. Getting 10g at a buck more then normal is a small price to pay for the great fbos.

You will be happy. Enjoy

Back