What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ACS ignition wiring? HELP

dmat

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Hi guys, I?m finishing up my fadec swap and I?m having some trouble wiring up the ignition/mags. So I wired it up and I found that the right mag(without impulse coupler) was not running. When I did a run up the rpm dropped 600rpm. So I thought the timing was off so I retimed it. And I started farting around with the ignition wires... bad idea.

So I think I might have the wiring messed up on the right mag. It says to jump the right mag (since I have a left mag with impulse) to the ground next to the right terminal. i currently have right mag ground attached to the ground next to the right terminal and then I jumped the p lead to that same ground terminal.

Honestly I?m lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I check the the wiring diagram but he jump is throwing me off.

Do I need to put the right mag ground to the main ground (in the middle) and then jump the p lead to the ground next to the ?R? terminal?

Thanks in advance
D

Yeah... when they say jump right mag from position 1 to ground next to it, do I jump the p lead to that ground and then put the grounding wire to the main/center ground?

Last edited:
It should be labeled

My switch is labeled. Each terminal has a small printed or indented mark. Made it easy.........

Yeah... when they say jump right mag from position 1 to ground next to it, do I jump the p lead to that ground and then put ge grounding wire to the main/center ground?

Dmat you want to take the shielded wiring for the left mag and terminate the center conductor to terminal 2 labeled L on the switch. The shield you will terminate to the G or ground terminal on the switch. If you have a impulse Mag on the left side you use a jumper on terminal 1 which is where the center connector get terminated for the right mag. The shield for right mag also terminates on the ground terminal. Then another wire comes off the ground terminal and is run to the central grounding bus. Hope this helps.

Bill

Hi William,

Thanks, I think I got it.
1) both mags are grounded at the center
2) right P lead will be jumped to the ground next to it due to left mag having an impulse coupler

Thanks!
D

It's not that difficult....

IMHO, you should only ground the shield on the "P" lead at one end. Much easier to ground it on the mag end. There is a purpose-built grounding screw hole there for the purpose.

Read Bob Nuckoll's ideas on this, he's got some experience...... :rolleyes:

You guys are making this a lot harder than it has to be. Just follow the wiring diagrams I posted links to.

Tens of Thousands of these switches are in use around the world. Lube them per the SB, they should last the life of your aircraft.

Thanks PCHunt. I am missing the original jumper. hence I need to jump it with a 18/20ga wire.

Back