What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I think this is a good spot...Bluetooth options.

Robert Anglin

Well Known Member
I think this will be OK posted here as it does have to do with a modern glass panel in many ways. Have any of us out there got any input about using the Blue tooth head-sets with an I-Phone in their flights? It seems we are getting more and more Blue-tooth interface options all the time and we have not tried this just yet, but may be able to soon with a new head-set, next spring.

Thanks, yours, R.E.A. III # 80888

Last edited:
has anyone come up with a good way to integrate bluetooth in to an existing radio/audio panel?

I'm using the GTR200. I currently have the audio input tied up with an aux audio 3.5mm jack which I plug my iPhone in to. I would love to either go cordless completely or ideally, have the option to either plug in or use bluetooth. I'm sure the best way is to wire in an audio panel but to be honest, I don't feel like tearing the panel apart to rewire all of that at this point.

My thought was to try wiring in something like this... https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13691126/JL-Audio-MBT-RX.html?awkw=79438365495&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=65372638345&awdv=c&awug=9053836&gclid=Cj0KCQiA8f_eBRDcARIsAEKwRGfCuM58APm5m_5oL6CRT8HEeFHhd7TqdmnwlBjrJeNrxzVm_NB7tKgaAoYMEALw_wcB

I'm not sure how to go about wiring this in. Would I need an audio mixer to combine the signals in to one audio input?

Bluetooth audio panel

I have 2 Bose A20's, one with Bluetooth and one without. I like the Bluetooth integration for making calls to ATC to get clearances and such but found that I much prefer the Bluetooth built in to the GMA 245 audio panel. With that interface I can include my passenger in both the call and the music I play (from my phone) in flight. It automatically connects when I get in the airplane and works great.

For the RV-10 I am building I have no intention of purchasing Bluetooth headsets, just the GMA245.

Fallow-up.

I would like to fallow-up on this last post as it sparked a question along these lines. Are you telling us that with one of the audio panels that has blue tooth, that it would be better than buying a new headset, because the phone would connect with the audio panel and you can make calls, listen to music and have all onboard in on the listening and talking? This sounds like a better solution and place to spend the money than that of a new headset to me as I know we now have several audio panels that are slide-in replacements for the older units and that have blue tooth capacity.
Thanks for any comments with regard to this. Yours, R.E.A. III # 80888

Yes, thats exactly what I am saying Robert. I don't even connect my A20 Bluetooth to my phone any longer. I simply use the Audio Panel Bluetooth option.

I would like to fallow-up on this last post as it sparked a question along these lines. Are you telling us that with one of the audio panels that has blue tooth, that it would be better than buying a new headset, because the phone would connect with the audio panel and you can make calls, listen to music and have all onboard in on the listening and talking? This sounds like a better solution and place to spend the money than that of a new headset to me as I know we now have several audio panels that are slide-in replacements for the older units and that have blue tooth capacity.
Thanks for any comments with regard to this. Yours, R.E.A. III # 80888

Yep, the bee's knees all the way around.

Thanks.

Thanks guys. After I read these posts above I remembered that Garmin has up-dated its GMA-340 to a GMA-345c, that has some new facets to it. So I looked it up. We just happen to have a 340 in our panel on the 8. I like what I read and that, I think will be a lot better than a new head set. I like to fly with a number of different head sets in that bird, including a GUH-68P from time to time. Looks like I need to save a few more pennies for next spring and plan to sell the 340. Good job, keep it up. Yours as always, R.E.A. III # 80888

has anyone come up with a good way to integrate bluetooth in to an existing radio/audio panel?

I'm using the GTR200. I currently have the audio input tied up with an aux audio 3.5mm jack which I plug my iPhone in to. I would love to either go cordless completely or ideally, have the option to either plug in or use bluetooth. I'm sure the best way is to wire in an audio panel but to be honest, I don't feel like tearing the panel apart to rewire all of that at this point.

My thought was to try wiring in something like this... https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13691126/JL-Audio-MBT-RX.html?awkw=79438365495&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=65372638345&awdv=c&awug=9053836&gclid=Cj0KCQiA8f_eBRDcARIsAEKwRGfCuM58APm5m_5oL6CRT8HEeFHhd7TqdmnwlBjrJeNrxzVm_NB7tKgaAoYMEALw_wcB

I'm not sure how to go about wiring this in. Would I need an audio mixer to combine the signals in to one audio input?

Try one of these, I have one in the car and one in the RV, plugs right into a 3.5mm aux jack and streams bluetooth audio from your phone. Lasts close to 10 hours on a charge, super easy to use, no wiring at all, and only $15!

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-B...&qid=1541462085&sr=1-3&keywords=aux+bluetooth

51E%2BFHp0DdL._SL1000_.jpg

Just a quick follow up. The linked device worked great for my needs. The sound quality is quite a bit better than the other unit I tried. You really can't beat it for the price. Thanks again Jake.

Try one of these, I have one in the car and one in the RV, plugs right into a 3.5mm aux jack and streams bluetooth audio from your phone. Lasts close to 10 hours on a charge, super easy to use, no wiring at all, and only $15!

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-B...&qid=1541462085&sr=1-3&keywords=aux+bluetooth

51E%2BFHp0DdL._SL1000_.jpg

PS Engineering PAR100EX

... works like a champ. Music, calls, etc bluetooth connected to it. Mixed through the PAR audio panel side. For headsets, I used Bose QC35/UFlyMike combo plugged in to conventional headset jacks. Excellent sound quality.

Back