What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-1 in Frederick, MD

cjensen

Well Known Member
I was on a safety panel this evening at the Frederick chapter meeting, but ahead of the meeting, the RV-1 arrived in style in a three ship. It's going to Hagerstown this weekend for the Maryland Festival of Flight where I will be as well! Kinda cool following it around for a couple days...:cool:

I thought I was in Facebook and I was looking for the "LIKE" link to click on. :)

Thanks for the report, Chad.

Wherever it goes, "THE ONE" always arrives in style and manages one of the best performances, even sitting still!

Get you picture taken with the RV-1. It's just plane cool.

Sorry I missed you Chad. It was a beautiful flight around the DC SFRA. Originally planned to go through the SFRA but too bad for the forces of darkness, they didn't get to see it. The tower at Frederick just opened three days ago and the controller working the traffic seemed a little confused with our request but was accommodating in allowing us to do a three ship 2000' spaced trailing pass over the runway before landing for the crowd that awaited the arrival. The plane was handed off to my buddy Dave Hirschman (AOPA) who will be flying it the next couple of legs.

At Dogwood prior to start up for the flight to Frederick. Yeah, I know, it's an RV grin. How many guys & gals will get to that opportunity from the RV-1. It's been an honor to have been able to fly her.

2s9226d.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't get a chance to say hi before you guys had to put the 1 away for the weather...it looked like you thoroughly enjoyed your time in it!

Back