What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Time required to change fuel senders 9A

flightlogic

Well Known Member
Patron
A friend wants to swap out his fuel senders for a modern digital set in his 9A.
Does anyone know how much labor time might be needed to accomplish the task? Any rough ideas or things to note, would be appreciated.

A friend wants to swap out his fuel senders for a modern digital set in his 9A.
Does anyone know how much labor time might be needed to accomplish the task? Any rough ideas or things to note, would be appreciated.

It is possible to pull and reinstall both tank access plates in an afternoon. If you had new access plates with the senders already mounted, that one afternoon would suffice, other than than allowing the proseal to cure.

Digital sender??

What is a ?modern digital fuel sender?? Is it a replacement for float sender?

If your friend is talking about adding capacitance senders, the Van's sensor plates have to be installed when the tanks are built.

However, I would not be surprised if someone did a retrofit.

I built mine with the capacitance senders and love them; however, if I didn't have them, I would make sure my fuel flow was calibrated correctly and use that.

I will post the manufacturer and part number after I ask. The owner is at Sun N Fun and posed the question on a quick phone call. He has a data concentrator box that displays all the engine parameters on iPad, then uploads to a cloud account after landing on each flight. He said the senders would be far more accurate than resistive or capacitive types. Beyond that, I am waiting for more info. Thanks for the replies so far.

Back