What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Putting the RV-1 Tribute Tour to Van on a map

Louise Hose

Well Known Member
We are starting to firm up some dates for the RV-1 tour and want to announce those dates and places this week. Since we then want EAA chapters and other RV-rich groups to offer to host the RV-1 along its travels, a map would be very helpful. A map that will be updated as more dates are added and as the tour progresses. (In addition, the RV-1 will have a Spot track for all to follow, once flying. Thanks, Greg Wilkinson of St. Thomas, Ontario!)

Is there anyone in this community that would be willing to either take on this task and/or help get the task designed and started so that I or others could update? If you might be that person, please PM or email and give me a number and time when I could call to talk about the need.

And, remember folks. The restoration and tour will cost real money and we need cash donations to ensure its successful completion. The vendors have been great in donating equipment and we've had magnificent support of contributed labor from many of you. But, now we need to ensure its safe travels and complete payment on the plane. We all know that flying requires money. Please consider making a financial contribution at: www.RV-1.org

Hi Loise, I've done "travel tour maps" for a few Iron Butt motorcycle riders. (hopefully, the RV-1 seat won't impose similarly implied discomfort). I'd be happy to build a map. I'll drop you an email.

two RV-1s

Glad to contribute, and did you see the other blue and white RV-1 in Oregon is for sale in Barnstormers under aerobatic/ Vans?
Bill McLean
RV-4 slider

If Montana is along the route

We have a EAA chapter meeting next Monday, I'll make a presentation. I don't know what kind of money is available. But I do know, I have hangar space w/ attached sleeping quarters, ground transportation and a tank full of 100LL for your next leg.

I've got your hangar covered here at Arlington for the NWEAA Fly In. I've also got transportation and a guest room (single bed) and a game room with plenty of room to roll out sleeping bags located five minutes from the airport.

Back