What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel pressure sender?

rightrudder

Well Known Member
What are you guys using for a fuel pressure sender (for an IO-320)?

And if I go with a traditional Hobbs meter, how is it triggered? Through oil pressure, fuel pressure, or either? My oil pressure sensor (VDO) has a single terminal...can this terminal provide both the input for the EIS and trigger the Hobbs? Thanks in advance! :)

I have the oil and fuel pressure senders used by the Dynon Skyview connected to the firewall mounted manifold. I used the standard location as specified in the plans.

IMG_4956-M.jpg

In this photo I was trying to prime my fuel pump, so I had a funnel attached to the disconnected fuel pressure line.

You can see the manifold here. The top manifold is unused. The Oil pressure switch for the Hobbs is on a 45 degree adapter, then the oil pressure sender is facing forward. The bottom manifold position is the fuel pressure sender.

The Hobbs should come with its own oil pressure switch. You can put a second output on the manifold like I did, or put a small piece of aluminum tubing to daisy chain one manifold to another. For example I could have a U shaped tube connecting the middle manifold with the top one and put the Hobbs switch on the forward facing hole up top on the manifold. You can't just use the side manifold hole, since the sender/switch is too wide and will hit the firewall.

Thanks Bruce! You always come to the rescue with a great solution and a picture to back it up. :) The 45-degree elbow is the ticket...I've already trimmed the top port off the manifold.

When I tested my Airflow pump, it took forever to prime. Nothing in the instructions about priming procedure.

Back