What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GSU 25 location

F1 Rocket

Well Known Member
I searched a bit on this. It seems everyone just took Garmin?s advice and did not mount this to the provided mount on the back of the display. When I asked Garmin the answer was that it might work if the panel is stiff enough. Has anyone done this on a RV4,RV8, or Rocket? The panel in my Rocket seems pretty stiff.

My GSU25 is mounted to the back of the efis in my -4, I got a Red X once after a spin recovery, for less than a second or two. Rock solid.

Here is how I mounted mine in my RV-4, I haven’t flown it yet, but I can’t imagine that my mounting method is any more rigid than mounting it to the back of the GDU.
https://flic.kr/p/2geiLiS

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I’ll mount it to the back of GDU 460 and make the harness long enough to move it off the panel if needed.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll mount it to the back of GDU 460 and make the harness long enough to move it off the panel if needed.

I never mount the GSU's to the display for a few reasons:

1) Garmin recommends against it due to lack if panel rigidity
2) Maintenance, it's a major hassle when removing a screen, P-S-AOA lines
3) Technically it req's a static leak check each time you disconnect static lines.
4) Heat, it adds heat of the GDU, never a good thing

Last edited:
Back