What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Pilot update with EIS?

Integration with G3X

Looking at the new added log feature for engine data in Garmin Pilot. It talks about tight integration... "Utilizing Garmin Pilot alongside an EIS-capable TXi flight display or G1000 NXi". I don't see any reference to G3X.
Did I miss it or is it a planned update or not?

Seems to me it should be included, are the Garmin Experimental folks talking to the Garmin Pilot folks?

I brought this up with them at OSH18 and was told to hold tight, it was coming for G3Xt also.

On the roadmap

We understand the desire for this feature in the G3X Touch and we have it on the roadmap as a future upgrade for the G3X Touch. As always, we have to prioritize our resources and I cannot currently give a date when this feature will be available.

Thanks,
Levi

I'd rather see a G5 with engine instruments :D

Funny you mention that. I had inquired early on if the G5 could display EIS data. My thinking was the G5 would be a backup instrument for me and I?d like to give is a purpose for much of its existence.

G3X interface

Tell the Garmin Pilot folks I was perfectly happy with Foreflight but switched to Garmin Pilot because I believed it would interface with the G3X as a first priority. Sad to hear it's not a high priority for Garmin folks.

Back