What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sunset flight

Veetail88

Well Known Member
My bride Nancy and I had dinner with Ron and Kathy Moring at an old school Wisconsin Supper Club in Prairie Du Chein, WI last Saturday evening. Nice place right across from the airport.

Upon departing we enjoyed a little formation practice during which Kathy grabbed this pic. I thought it was pretty nice and thought I'd share.

2h3pguw.jpg

In one spectacular photograph, you've captured the meaning of building and flying these beautiful machines.

Dinner flight

The photo captures one very small part of the evening flight and dinner. The fact that we can fly our home built planes to places like this makes it worth all the time and effort it takes to build and fly.If you are building, keep going. If you are flying, take the time and effort to do trips like this as often as you can.I am glad every one enjoyed the shot. Thanks Ron

Glad, nice shot we were in the upper right corner of your photo heading southeast

I flew into PDC the Saturday before OSH thinking that I'd stay overnight and then ease into OSH the next day. Ha. When I landed at PDC, another gentleman had just landed in a LSA and as soon as he got parked, one tire just let loose. His brother and girlfriend had just arrived to pick him up and came over to see if they could borrow a screwdriver (which of course I had) and then offered to take me to my hotel. I gladly accepted. It turned out that the girlfriend was a waitress at the supper club across the street. Her name was Bonnie.

As it turned out, I decided later to just go into OSH that evening, so I didn't get to eat there that night. When I got a cab back to the airport that afternoon, I asked the cab driver how much the trip was and he said "one seventy five"...I was stunned. A dollar seventy-five? Yes....I left him a fiver. I haven't had a cab ride that cheap in a long, long time.

Taken tonight - flying with my friend in his RV-12 about 40 miles SW of KCLE. Pic taken on short final into Ortner (I64).

xn8e46.png

Back