What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aeroleds

Joe Parish

Well Known Member
Wanted to give a shout out to Aeroleds for standing behind their products even tho it was out of warranty. I bought a set of landing lights and Wing tip Nav lights along with there suntail light that mounts in the rudder fiberglass. I purchased them in August of 2011 thru Vans. Fast forward 7 years and the airplane is flying and had 42 hours on it when I noticed only half the suntail light was working. I called Aeroleds and was told to send a video of the light on a bench test with only half working. I did that and they informed me they would be shipping a new light that day. The warranty for their products clearly states five years. The light was about 2 years out of that warranty, it only had 42 hours on it. I really appreciate them standing behind their product even tho the warranty was up. I know they did not have to that, but they did.

Thanks Joel Parish

I agree, they stand behind their products. I've had to replace all of mine due to failed right strobe and tail that would always strobe. They offered to repair the failed right or replace both wing tips with newer units, for which I opted.

They even shipped the new lights prior to returning the old so I wouldn't be without.

Last edited:
Echo Shoutout to AeroLEDs

I second the shoutout. I had a Suntail that was purchased during my build, with quite a delay before my test flying. Once flying, I noticed interference with select frequencies, one of which is the Approach/Departure frequency for my home airport. Troubleshooting told me that the interference was due to the strobes, so I disconnected my strobes one at a time and determined that it was the Suntail. I then verified that the installation was exactly as stated through previous emails with AeroLEDs.

One call to the company and 2 minutes of explaining had them telling me they would send me a new light, one made specifically for 14V systems. Apparently, since I bought mine, they changed the design to be electrical system specific.

Got the new light, installed it, and problem went away. All it cost me (financially) was shipping fees to send the old light back.

Can't beat that!!!

Back