What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Benevolent matters..

pierre smith

Well Known Member
I have two older Garmin GPS's (a 195 and 95:eek:) that I'm donating to a charity and thought that I might suggest that some of you guys do likewise, especially if they'll give you a receipt for tax purposes.

Doug, may we spell out which charity or no?

Best,

Why not offer them for sale and ask that the payment be made to the buyers favorite charity? I bought a video recently from a Vans Forum member and donated the $ to the local Homeless Shelter in Orlando.

My question is what would a charity do the the GPS units? Sell them for a fraction of what of they are worth? Sure you get a good write off but the charity does not get much.

You can also sell them on Ebay and donate to your favorite charity. This can be done directly thru Ebay as they have that option when you set up the auction.

Last edited:
My question is what would a charity do the the GPS units? Sell them for a fraction of what of they are worth? Sure you get a good write off but the charity does not get much.

I intended to donate them to either MAF (Mission aviation fellowship) or Wycliffe Bible translators aviation division for use in third world countries in their airplanes that they fly missionaries/translators to remote regions.

Best,

I intended to donate them to either MAF (Mission aviation fellowship) or Wycliffe Bible translators aviation division for use in third world countries in their airplanes that they fly missionaries/translators to remote regions.

Best,
In that case I hope they can make good use of them. :)

Back