What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MGL V6 question

GaryK

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm helping a friend with his panel wiring. Are there any provisions for remote flip/flop or frequency select similar to the Trigg radio? I don't see anything on the schematics but thought I'd ask the group just in case I missed it. He does not have an audio panel, using the internal intercom in the V6.

Thanks

"Remote frequency select" - do you mean sending a frequency from a gps like the 796 or an existing to the V6?

The answer is the MGL radios support the older Garmin SL30 communications over RS232. I was able to connect my 795 so I could select a frequency from the GPS and it would load into the "standby" of my MGL V10. Then I would toggle it to active when I was ready. For some reason I was never able to get this to work with my G3X Touch.

Flip flop

Gary

I had the same question. Matt at MGL send the following reply to my email question. "Momentary connection of PTT #2 Hi and Lo flip flops the frequencies".

Paul

Thanks Paul.

I'll give that a try.

On the Tigg unit you can "store" up to 10 frequencies. They have an option to remotely (in my case a momentary button on the stick) scroll through the stored frequencies and select them to stand by. Another button on the stick does the flip/flop.

I am not familiar with the V6 hence the questions.

Back