VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-23-2018, 09:21 AM

Have the first of the new proto boards in hand now. Will start populating these over the weekend and hopefully start testing mid next week.

Ross Farnham, Calgary, Alberta
Turbo Subaru EJ22, SDS EFI, Marcotte M-300, IVO, RV6A C-GVZX flying from CYBW since 2003- 426.1 hrs. on the Hobbs,
RV10 95% built- Sold 2016
http://www.sdsefi.com/aircraft.html
http://sdsefi.com/cpi.htm

Old 02-23-2018, 06:02 PM

Default CPI2 Main Board

After months of hard work and testing we finally have something tangible to show.

Turbo Subaru EJ22, SDS EFI, Marcotte M-300, IVO, RV6A C-GVZX flying from CYBW since 2003- 426.1 hrs. on the Hobbs,

Old 02-23-2018, 06:16 PM

Very encouraging... Not just the progress, but the very tangible level of excitement at SDS as a result of this new product coming to fruition.

While I have a P-Mag in place right now, if it gives me even so much as another moment's trouble it's been told in no uncertain terms (and through some very colourful language) that it will be forklifted in favor of a CPI2.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv6ejguy View Post

After months of hard work and testing we finally have something tangible to show.
NO WAY! Its green! You know we hate the green!

LOL Just kidding. Super nice work Ross. Looking forward to the product. Keep up the good work!
N251Y (res)
Dec2017
Old 02-23-2018, 06:57 PM

Default Speaking of Pmag

I have two pmags on RV3 and have 2 CPI for my RV4. I have not heard it proposed that Pmag V40 is not immune to a timing loss that would kill the engine. Is anyone in the position to encourage Pmag users like me to keep the faith and not convert to CPI/CPI2 ?
Clinton, IN
Old 02-23-2018, 07:40 PM

Default Another potential customer view

Ross, I知 enjoying your development progress. As a D3000 user, I知 interested in the dual approach. As you consider use cases and features, you might consider those people who have no interest in displays or real time monitoring post set-up. I don稚 have any interest in finding space in my panel for another display or two, and I want to use my existing ignition switch to control the ignitions. My wish would be to have a relatively conservative curve set for plug and play. I知 not sure how popular my mindset is. Good luck.
RV-8 tail kit received with a 5 year plan
2011-2018 VAF contributor
Dog is my copilot, rest in peace 2015APR28. I miss that dog.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcthree View Post
Ross, I知 enjoying your development progress. As a D3000 user, I知 interested in the dual approach. As you consider use cases and features, you might consider those people who have no interest in displays or real time monitoring post set-up. I don稚 have any interest in finding space in my panel for another display or two, and I want to use my existing ignition switch to control the ignitions. My wish would be to have a relatively conservative curve set for plug and play. I知 not sure how popular my mindset is. Good luck.
We've made provision for a blind mount setup as we realize some don't have the want to diddle with timing or may not have the panel space to spare. Of course without the display, you won't have any diagnostics or other info available but that's the case on most EIs anyway.

We'll still offer the original CPI for those who want something simpler, lighter and less expensive for blind mounting too.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcthree View Post
Pretty much done except for the "existing" (ground the P leads) switch. Hide the box under the panel and run Ross' out of the box curve. Perfectly understandable.
WARNING! Incorrect design and/or fabrication of aircraft and/or components may result in injury or death. Information presented in this post is based on my own experience - Reader has sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for use.

Michael Robinson
Old 02-26-2018, 06:54 PM

Barry got most of one main boards loaded over the weekend. We received the rest of the components today so should get those mostly loaded tomorrow. The main board has over 200 parts on it, mostly SMT so they are pretty time consuming to load and solder by hand. The production boards will be machine loaded and soldered of course.

Next step will be to run the coils at high rpm and test the drive circuits for heat.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniago View Post
NO WAY! Its green! You know we hate the green!

LOL Just kidding. Super nice work Ross. Looking forward to the product. Keep up the good work!
Looking forward to you being my guinea pig :-)