What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel injectors

GaryK

Well Known Member
Friend
I've read most of the comments and the Lycoming docs on cleaning the injectors. I didn't see any indication of using some type of thread sealant on the pipe threads when installing. The injectors did have some type of sealant on them when removed.

Any advice from the pros would be great.

Thanks
Gary

injector nozzles

Cannot vouch for Lycoming, or Precision

"To install the nozzle body; remove the restrictor and apply a small amount of anti-seize compound to the pipe threads on the body. Install the nozzle with a clean 1/2" deep socket (a 1/4" drive, 6 point deep socket works well) to tighten the nozzle. Make sure the hex is broached far enough into the socket so it will not damage the nozzle shield. Torque the nozzle body to 40 to 60 inch pounds. If the nozzle will be installed in any position other than vertical (discharge end down), tighten the nozzle to 40 inch pounds first then check for the position of the "A" stamped on one of the hex flats on the body of the nozzle. Continue to tighten the nozzle until the "A" points downward within a tolerance of one flat of the hex of the nozzle body. Do not exceed the maximum nozzle torque value when positioning the "A". This will position the air bleed hole in the body of the nozzle to face upward, and tend to keep fuel from dripping out the air bleed hole after engine shut down. Reinstall the fuel restrictor into the nozzle body before attaching the nozzle line. Torque the nozzle line B-nut to 20-25 inch pounds or seat the B-nut finger tight then tighten the B-nut an additional one-half flat."

Hope that helps.

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
Don,
Thanks for the info. Not much different from the Lycoming instructions.

I have 2 injectors that are not in the correct orientation. The minimum to maximum torque value puts the "A" 180 degrees from where I want it. From 40 to 60 inch pounds puts the "A" at roughly 10:30 to 1:30 position. Hard to explain but basically off 160 degrees from where it should be. No way I want to continue turning them to the correct orientation as the torque would be extremely high.

The other 4 are perfect.

Gary

Back