What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WTB...MT P-860-3

GaryK

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm looking to see if any RV10 builders that have your FWF kit but not yet flying will sell me your newer (1/2015 or newer) MT P-860-3 prop governor. I have one that is caught up in the SB mess. With several long cross countries coming up I'd like to change it out. My set up is in the sweet spot of the SB. Manufactured in 3/2011, 9.5-1 pistons and dual electronic ignition. Yes my engine is a narrow deck so this is the correct model.

I spoke with MT today and they can't give me a schedule to comply with the SB until it is final. Supposed to be Monday but he said don't hold your breath. After the SB comes out they need to start getting parts make the repairs.

I tried to purchase a new one from Vans but they do not have any and will not in the future. The only MT model they will sell is the MT P-860-5. The reasoning is thats the proper PG for the wide deck engines they sell.

So..... if you have a newer P-860-3 and want to sell so you can purchase the Van's recommended P-860-5 for a wide deck please let me know.

I know there are other options but want to try this route first.

Thanks
Gary

PM me or give me a call
616-six three eight-6825

Bump to the top. There has to be someone with the P-860-3 that really is going to want the P-860-5 for your wide deck engine (The one VANS sells)

Thanks

Back