What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's Order

Dave S

I'm working on my fuel tanks and need to order a few things.

First of all I need to order a flaring tool. Rolo flaring tool from Spruce seems to be the recommendation.

But as far as the fuel tanks and wings are concern, what else should I be looking at in order to save some on shipping costs?

I need to order the fuel pick ups tubes.
I am also looking at ordering wiring for my FlyLeds
Should I order my heated pitot tube as well or wait until I know what brand avionics I going with, same question regarding auto pilot servos, although I'm leaning towards TruTrack.

Thanks

Wait

Yes, wait to order heated pitot and servos until you decide on avionics. You can order bulk wiring on a spool. You?ll need at least 200? of 22 and 18.

I am finishing up my wings now on my -7. I am using Flyleds and have opted to purchase the wiring loom kit from them. I have also decided to wait on installing my pitot system, auto pilot servos and bottom wing skins for as long as possible.

If not already purchased, you'll need fuel tank sealant, fuel gauge sending units, some type of solvent for the clean up and if desired, a pressure/leak test kit or equivalent.

Back