What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Turbo Cave Gets Special Delivery

turbo

Well Known Member
img1361gg.jpg

i am finally getting around to organizing my new hangar. you are looking at $1,000 of husky metal cabinets from home depot. i will still need more, i bought them out of there supply. i must thank DR for his thoughts on metal cabinets. it got me lookn around and i liked these the best. they will be mounted on the plywood area. the work area will be in that corner. more to come . hard at work. this hangar is a dream come true. i own it. cost=a lot.

if you want to retire to florida, they come up for sale once in a while. you can then have your choice of houses in the area. works for me. come to stuart for a rv hotel visit any time. :)

Hanger

Turbo,

Looks like you got an end hanger with both extra end places. Is this at Stewart Airport, where Carol and I saw your other hanger?
What is the address so I can Google it?
I guess we share a birth year ,, looking at your Gyro # N46ED ,,, 1946
I have N46RX,, and N46NS

Wish we could get back out to visit, but too much work around here.

jay, this hangar is at the end of the same hangar row as my old unit. i sold it to a rv buddy. so far there is 3 rvs in our row. need more. hint our aero club is in the sw corner of the stuart airport. that should get you there.

if i could of gotten my birth year it would of been N53ED. i like the sound of RV26ED though.

hey, i found another guy who was sailing around tortola the same time we were there. an aviator too. ill get more info on him. cool guy like us. flys a gyro now. glad you got work. miss ya. :cool:
img04272.jpg

metal shelves

Turbo,

Your new hangar looks great.

I have a similar situation with a hangar that I bught at PIE. I am considering metal cabinets and shelves as well however I am concerned about corrosion.

My hangar is a couple of hundred yards from the salt water of Tampa Bay.

Are you concerned about corrosion as well since you are near the coast ?

Tony

Last edited:
russ, i am about 4 miles from home. class D airport with 3 runways. great controllers and 4 rvs on the field. more to come.

tony, i dough i will have any issues with the metal cabinets. i have plenty of storage now. :)

Back