What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Self invite to ?snoop?

Freakshow108

Well Known Member
I?m in the Tacoma Washington area. I?m planning on pulling the trigger on a RV14 in the next six months. I?m trying to find someone ?close? who may let me check out their build, it does not have to be a 14. Thanks for your time!!

I'm in the Seattle area... But not building.

I believe there are a couple current builders on FATPNW. Might be worth joining there and asking the locals.

And welcome to VAF!

Van's

It's probably worth the trip down to Van's for a tour. Did a side trip when we were in Seattle, and it was worth the trip. They have a hangar full of the demo airplanes that you can crawl all over. You also get to see the factory.

If you call ahead, you can even get a demo ride.

I'm seriously thinking of an RV14 too. There is a guy, Patrick Nelson, who is building one in Redmond (a few blocks from me). Scott Stewart is building one in Arlington. PM me and I will pass along their contact info.

I second the suggestion of joining the very active FATPNW Facebook group. A post there will probably lead to other RC14 builders.

I plans built a Zenith CH701 (N701GT, Clownfish Plane). That is tons of fun but looking for something my wife and I can travel in.

Curt Thompson

I have a flying RV-14A tied down at Renton, you're welcome to stop by..

Yes, I'm in Redmond. You're welcome to stop by and take a look if you want to take the trek up north.

It's probably worth the trip down to Van's for a tour. Did a side trip when we were in Seattle, and it was worth the trip. They have a hangar full of the demo airplanes that you can crawl all over. You also get to see the factory.

If you call ahead, you can even get a demo ride.

I am definitely doing the vans tour! Jake, I would love to come by one day and check yours out! Patrick same with you! I will PM you guys and see what day and time works out best. Also. I did joined FATNW. I found a guy who is at Thun field, he let me come by and check out his -9. It is safe to say that I am about to spend a lot of money:). Thanks to all on this forum, I cannot wait to get this started!

Scott Stewart checking in here. I'm about half way through my wing kit, and the fuselage kit is already on the shelf ready to get started. Right now I'm building in my garage. You're welcome to come check it out. If you fly into AWO, I'll pick you up and give you the grand tour.

Thanks to all have responded! I have set up a tour at vans. Also I have been fortunate enough to have met a RV9 owner who has let me check out his beautiful plane!

Self invite to "snoop"

I have an RV-7 at Bremerton that I fly on a regular basis. Skyview panel. PM me if you want to stop by and look.

Back