What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine pics from PennYanAero build

bkthomps

Well Known Member
decided to be different and go for a white engine with contrasting accessories (it's actually a white metallic flake), ECI cold air induction pipes will be polished and should give an interesting contrast

jLyie.jpg

QxlQw.jpg

EjyHp.jpg

That's a great color to spots any leaks and will keep the area bright during visual inspections. Nice!:)

They're both excellent points. It's amazing that this isn't standard!

- mark

that was part of my goal, Bill @ Penn Yan Aero said "don't worry about that, my engines don't leak"

Rest assured when I spill oil filling it up, the cowl is coming off and I'll be cleaning it up!

Here's more pics:

kajht.jpg

jAoIQ.jpg

8TSo5.jpg

6FEML.jpg

QBGa5.jpg

jgRQe.jpg

eWHBK.jpg

nWTeI.jpg

They're both excellent points. It's amazing that this isn't standard!

- mark

Newt,
Good points, yes, but it's also a great color for collecting dirt and grime.

No offense intended Brian. It's a nice color, but I think you'll spend almost as much time trying to keep it clean as you will flying it.

Newt,
Good points, yes, but it's also a great color for collecting dirt and grime.

No offense intended Brian. It's a nice color, but I think you'll spend almost as much time trying to keep it clean as you will flying it.

none taken, that is right in keeping with my personality- I will keep it clean :D

Penn yan is going to use it for a magazine ad photoshoot, I'll post up a pic when they send some pro shots

XlIt1wj.jpg

flmJoMW.jpg

iGqWbps.jpg

The clear yellowed a bit on the cylinder heads, but we are going to fix that with another coat of white/clear mix for the cylinders.

Made 184HP and is expected to make a bit more once it is all settled in and the rings are seated better.

iGqWbps.jpg

The clear yellowed a bit on the cylinder heads, but we are going to fix that with another coat of white/clear mix for the cylinders.

Made 184HP and is expected to make a bit more once it is all settled in and the rings are seated better.

Brian,
Nice HP output! Good to know it won't be a slug... ;)

Do you think the yellowing on the heads (obviously caused by the combustion heat) will be a persistent problem?

Brian,
Nice HP output! Good to know it won't be a slug... ;)

Do you think the yellowing on the heads (obviously caused by the combustion heat) will be a persistent problem?

we will see, not a huge deal if it is but I am hopeful a top coat will solve that.

it's a good day indeed!

Nz2oRH9.jpg

GoUAqLu.jpg

keep pounding those rivets (or in this case, saving those pennies)

Last edited:
Back