VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-29-2018, 03:51 PM

Default Wing root fairing

Has anyone had issues attaching the top wing skin fairing where the fuel tank bracket is? The fuel tank section has you put no dimples in the rear part of the fuel tank attach bracket 1005b and standard nutplates. However you are told to dimple all the holes in the top wing root skin fairing.
Do I remove the standard nutplates and dimple or countersink those three holes ? Thanks.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:18 PM

If I understand correctly what you're articulating....I think you just overlooked Page 18-08, Step 4. Should be straightforward to rectify that.

"Machine countersink the 5 screw holes in the T-00006-L Attach Bracket to fit a piece of aluminum that has been dimples for a #8 flush head screw"
Old 09-29-2018, 05:27 PM

Thanks.
When I first started building the rv14 I brought the wing kit off a chap who had only completed the tanks so now realise he missed a step. I thought it strange nobody else had an issue. Your blog has been invaluable to me along the way for a first time builder so thank you 14E.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arablenz View Post
Thanks.
When I first started building the rv14 I brought the wing kit off a chap who had only completed the tanks so now realise he missed a step. I thought it strange nobody else had an issue. Your blog has been invaluable to me along the way for a first time builder so thank you 14E.
I'm glad you find it helpful. Build on!