- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2018, 01:56 PM

Keith--
The oil hoses from Vans are teflon. When Steve and I were working on the fuel hoses, they were rubber with firesleeve. Since we came our with our original teflon package, Vans updated their fuel supply hoses and the return/fuel pressure hose. The VA216 return/fuel pressure hoses werent conductive teflon. Carb hoses from Rotax were orange integral firesleeved teflon hoses. We upgraded our package to stainless banjo fittings, designed for teflon hose as shown in Jim's post. Hoses are conductive teflon.

WE'll be glad to look at yours and tell you what you have. Just email us some pics.
Tom
RV7 Tail Kit Completed, Fuse started-Pay as I go Plan
Ridgeland, SC
www.tsflightlines.com
Old 09-22-2018, 05:45 PM

Default Fuel Hoses

Thanks, Tom. That is what I want to know. I will send some pictures in an email in a day or so.

I was very happy with the hoses you made for my "6" a few years ago.
Built RV6 #756, 1989-99, flew until selling 5/2016.
Built RV12 #533, 5/2011 to 11/2012, flying
Old 09-22-2018, 10:23 PM

Can you clarify? I originally installed my hoses in 2012. In 2017 I replaced all the fuel hoses with TS Flightlines Teflon hoses. In 2022 when I replace the oil lines will the ones from Vans be Teflon that eliminate the ten year replacement requirement?
Old 09-23-2018, 01:12 AM

Exclamation

I am pretty sure that the current iteration of oil hoses that vans is selling is Conductive Teflon. They charge $950+ for the three oil lines. We will be releasing a kit to replace the rv-12 oil lines (for anyone that needs/wants to replace oil lines) starting at $550.

As with all our hoses, these will carry a 10 year warranty and be “replace on condition” without a 10 year replacement requirement.

Hope that helps
Steve

aircraftspecialty@gmail.com

www.aircraftspecialty.com

Last edited by Aircraft Specialty : 09-23-2018 at 01:17 AM.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:09 AM

How can I tell which hoses are which on my -12? Fuel, oil or whatever?
RV-12 N121TK ELSA #120845; first flight 06/10/2015
RV-12 N918EN ELSA #120995 Eagles Nest Project
SPA Panther N26TK in progress
Old 09-23-2018, 08:55 AM

Hi Tom, On the oil hoses, if the hose ends are stainless, they are teflon. Vans always supplied them that way. Other manufacturers used push on hose ends with rubber hoses.
The fuel hoses from Vans are alittle more difficult to tell to the inexperienced eye. They were generally using steel fittings, but could have changed now. Even the carb hoses, made from Stratoflex 101 integral silicone firesleeved hose, use steel banjo fittings. So, its knowing whats in use out there. Circa 2012 hoses were rubber, with firesleeve and steel fittings.
Ours have always been conductive teflon.

The hoses that we provide in the updated package, like the pics that Jim posted, use conductive teflon, with stainless banjos, both the single stem ones for the carbs, and the dual stem ones for the fuel block. We had some requests from some airframe manufacturers to make a package that accepted the Rotax fuel block that more companies were getting on their engines. Some, were NOT getting this block, so the use of our other package was a great option to using rubber hose and pushlock fittings. its very adaptable to several different aircraft.

The 912IS takes a completely different package, as the injection system plumbing is simplified, FWF anyway.

Tom
RV7 Tail Kit Completed, Fuse started-Pay as I go Plan
Ridgeland, SC
www.tsflightlines.com
Old 09-23-2018, 05:59 PM

Due to the many inquiries we have received in the last 24 hours, we made up a photo guide showing the various hose iterations that exist on the RV-12 as well as the different replacement options for each.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

Steve

http://aircraftspecialty.com/PDF%20D...se%20Guide.pdf

Old 09-23-2018, 08:59 PM

Excellent! Thanks ...
RV-12 N121TK ELSA #120845; first flight 06/10/2015
RV-12 N918EN ELSA #120995 Eagles Nest Project
SPA Panther N26TK in progress
Old 09-23-2018, 09:13 PM

Is there anything in the works to provide coolant hoses that donít require replacement every 5 years?
Old 09-24-2018, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFSchaller View Post
Is there anything in the works to provide coolant hoses that don’t require replacement every 5 years?
This is something that Tom and I have been discussing. Yes, there are ideas in the works BUT we have no definitive idea of a potential release date as not much progress has been made. We are so busy with different projects that this has been pushed back several times. However, we do recognize the value to rv-12 owners in doing this and will keep moving forward.

Steve

Last edited by Aircraft Specialty : 09-24-2018 at 02:59 AM.