VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-24-2018, 10:55 AM

For those considering these lights be aware that over time I've seen these "poured epoxy" style solid lights cloud up. I'm sure others have seen it as well. They all tout UV resistant epoxy resin but I've seen many of them cloud up. Just my 2¢.

I recently purchased the Aveo Engineering Powerburst Daylite 3 in 1 lights and absolutely love them. They have a clear lens like other lights and they are not poured solid. The set of two was $436 to my door direct from their distributor. For a pair of Aveo lights this is a great price. Contact Rick at Aveo Engineering Southwest in Livermore California.

I am in no way associated with Aveo or Rick, just wanted to pass along a great deal on some VERY nice lights. I put off LED nav/strobes for a long time because of the cost and these are amazing lights for the price.

Last edited by Shawn25854 : 09-24-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:38 PM

Having no lighting currently, I'm not looking to drop thousands on lights since I just did that for ADSB updates. A nice time flying experimental can save some $. This is a price point which has been lacking in quality nav/pos/strobe LED lights. I'm after something that meet FAR reqs for night flight, but might not be certified.

Some of these cheaper lights seem to be for amusement only, which to me is useless. (see Whelen Microburst)

Would be neat to do a side-by-side with the PowerBursts to see which one looks better since their price is similar.

Good point about the full epoxy. UV and time can pretty much destroy anything, so hopefully they could at least be polished back to clear.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:23 AM

I noted the epoxy as well. UV resistant epoxy isn't that good, from everything I have heard. There is a super easy fix for that - automotive clear coat. It is the best. I have spent half the year at 5-13 N latitude for the last 10 years. For cars not kept under cover, the clear coat lasts at least 10 years.