VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 07-12-2018, 03:43 PM

Default Riveting rudder left hand attach strip / bottom rib

07-10 Step 2 has you rivet the aft 8 rivets common to 3 items - skin, bottom rib and attach strip. It never asks you to rivet the one hole aft of the attach strip - common to only the bottom rib and skin.

7-10 Step 3 then has you rivet the bottom ribs together with blind rivets.

This makes it almost impossible to reach the last rivet on that line next to the trailing edge wedge. Some builders have had to drill out the blind rivets or buck the rivet against the opposing one.

Not certain if this is a plans error, but I think in Step 2 it should say to rivet the aft 8 common to the skin / rib / attach strip AND rivet the one common to the skin and rib. All this is done before you rivet the two bottom ribs together.

$0.02 YMMV
http://www.tasrv14.blogspot.com.au/
Dues paid until April 2019
Old 09-28-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASEsq View Post
07-10 Step 2 has you rivet the aft 8 rivets common to 3 items - skin, bottom rib and attach strip. It never asks you to rivet the one hole aft of the attach strip - common to only the bottom rib and skin.

7-10 Step 3 then has you rivet the bottom ribs together with blind rivets.

This makes it almost impossible to reach the last rivet on that line next to the trailing edge wedge. Some builders have had to drill out the blind rivets or buck the rivet against the opposing one.

Not certain if this is a plans error, but I think in Step 2 it should say to rivet the aft 8 common to the skin / rib / attach strip AND rivet the one common to the skin and rib. All this is done before you rivet the two bottom ribs together.

$0.02 YMMV
Boy, Iím glad you posted this.... I did that single rivet while I was also doing the eight on the attach strip.