For the record:
- Not unexpectedly, Vans Engineering pointed out the weak butt joint between the original wedge and new wedge.
- Vans tech support encouraged: a) buying an surplus QB right flap; b) buying a surplus dinged, but airworthy, QB right flap; c) replacing the the aft top and bottom skins and wedge; d) building an entire new flap from parts.
- I tried b), but the dinged flap had already been sold and inventory wasn't updated. There were two other dinged flaps to choose from, but, after some back and forth about The Ghost Flaps of Aurora...
- ...and the no-ding QB flap was a mere 15% of an AMU more expensive than than dinged flaps...
- ...I bought the no-ding QB flap, which was delivered yesterday, installed today, and repairs are now complete.
Turns out the right flap had a bit of twist in it. The new-to-me right QB flap is straight as an arrow, and the flaps are dead nuts aligned with neutral ailerons, left and right.
The Deity clearly had a Plan: let not His servant Kurt fly untrue.