Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-16-2018, 12:52 PM

Default SB16-03-28 on New Wing

Quick question:

Am I correct in my understanding that the first time I need to be concerned about SB16-03-28 is when installing the aileron hinge brackets?

I'm getting the parts (W-707 D, E, F and G) prepared for the rear spar assembly (page 7-2), and from reading through the service bulletin about seven times, I think that all I have to do is make certain not to rivet the holes used for rib/bracket installation (in other words, the SB doesn't affect anything at this step).

Anything I'm missing? Any provisions I should make during this step to prepare for the SB that I'm not thinking of?
Old 09-16-2018, 05:07 PM

That is the way I understand it. I just didn't final drill the holes common to the 707 doublers/rear spars/SB angles at that stage, rather I waited until the wing structure was cleco'd together and SB angles in place and then ran a drill through those holes.