What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Coolest Fuel Hose Ever - TS Flightlines

rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
I just hooked up the coolest fuel hose from the pump to the valve. I gave Tom (TS Flightlines) a call and a picture and this is what I got. It is perfect. Fits snug to the floor and perfect in the valve. He built the rest of the hoses for my plane but this one is my favorite!

coolest%20hose%20ever_zpsdyrnfqjs.jpg

I will be putting a sleeve around the hoses to the tanks - they are just in for fitting.

Nice work Tom, Thanks.
https://www.tsflightlines.com/

Those look drool-worthy indeed. I just got my fuel selector delivered today from Andair. Hope to be talking to Tom petty soon now.

Not only drool worthy but more importantly safer. Tom does good work!

I like and use Tom's flex lines all the time, but I don't think they offer any safety improvement over a well constructed aluminum line is this application.

I bought two flaring tools. The Rol-Air 37 and the Rigid 37 ratchet flare tool. The Rol Air forms the flare above the mold and I wasn't convinced the flares I was making would not leak. The Rigid uses the tool as the form, but I still was not happy with how it came out and how much scotch brite cleanup was needed. Not knowing any real way to test, I decided I did not want the worry that my flares may leak.

They may have been fine and I have done hundreds of ice maker lines that worked fine too. A leak in a water line can cause thousands of dollars of damage, but a leak in a fuel line may cost me my life. That does not mean I recommend everyone use built hoses. Thousands of RV's and other planes are flying and not leaking. I am only saying I was not comfortable with my ability to form a leak free joint.

Working with Tom is a good experience. The fuel hose in the picture is an example of Tom's experience helping me know what I want. I am satisfied with my choice - for me.

Tom and I are passionate about this stuff!!!! We both LOVE working with builders, and we have some really neat stuff that is in works.

TSFlightlines and Aircraft Specialty have jointly acquired a CNC bender and a CNC lathe and are working on streamlining some products and bringing some new items to market.

Here's a sneak peak on some items. The first picture is an RV-14 rigid tube assembly made out of 5052 aluminum. We are able to bend this tube with complete accuracy and repeatability using a computerized bender, which allows us to offer "drop in" components.

RV14150123-181115-151.jpg

The second item is the machining of a hose end using our CNC lathe. This will allow us to produce combination rigid tube/flex hose assemblies with complete repeatability. We will eventually get some better videos and upload them, but this is just something we snapped the other day while prototyping some items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE_cpMltnrI

CNC

Nice Rocky
Tom, exciting news. Hopefully TS will have some cool stuff about the time I start fuel delivery systems.

Any RV7/9 builders out there (other than Bill Stockburger) using Robert Paisley's EFII injection system? Not just the boost pump, but the injection, requiring fuel returns and a Andair Duplex valve?
If I can figure out how to post pics, I show what I came up with. Requirement was it had to fit under the stock box and cover.
Kinda neat--
Tom

Well you know I am/will be Tom. Would love to see what your mind has come up with this time. ;) Talk to you soon!

Back