What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing kit has arrived

MercFE

Well Known Member
Finally got my wing kit a couple days ago... And of course, someone decided to drive a forklift through the end of the crate.

Trying to get an idea of all the parts that I'm going to need to get from Vans, so I can work on my claim through the shipping company. Besides the couple of nose ribs that are obviously needing replacing, I'm curious about these small pieces of angle that are bent, W-925B-L and W-925B-R.

When I pulled the first set out, I figured they were needing replacement. But when I pulled out the second set and saw they were pinched in the exact same way, but mirrored, I started wondering if this was right. From what I've seen in my research in plans and on others blogs, the bend is not normal.

Thanks for any assistance.

Wait...

Don't recall off hand where again; but I do recall angles with similar pre bent for something. Are positive they were damaged? I'd hold on to those.

Flap hinge angles are bent for the rear spar. The first picture thingies don't look so good.

Figured the angles were correct, since they were mirror image. Plus, since they're already cut to size and cost around $5 a piece from Vans...

Yeah, the first ones were nice. Luckily, it just seems like the two ribs are all that are damaged.

Hopefully the claim is easy... :rolleyes:

Make sure you check your skins carefully. Where the fork went in, I would be amazed if that rib was your only damage.

Make sure you check your skins carefully. Where the fork went in, I would be amazed if that rib was your only damage.

I certainly did...

Where the fork went in, it twisted the wood in and over top of the cardboard spacers and the skins underneath. I'm more shocked that none of the other nose ribs show any damage or bending, just the two that you can see in the pictures.

Great news Victor! Start deburring, replace the defective part and put deposit for the fuselage in 60 days :)

Great news Victor! Start deburring, replace the defective part and put deposit for the fuselage in 60 days :)

Hope I can meet all of those goals, Vlad!

I think I've been suckered into a kitchen remodel in the near future. So, might put a couple months of delay in there. But, the dream is still alive!

I feel your pain-anger, what is so hard about driving a fork lift, I work on them and not even my priority job, but I can still operate it and move stuff without destroying it:mad:

Hope I can meet all of those goals, Vlad!

I think I've been suckered into a kitchen remodel in the near future. So, might put a couple months of delay in there. But, the dream is still alive!

No no no noooo! Delay kitchen remodel till you get to the panel. Won't hurt that much financially. :D

Congratulations

The important thing here is you got your wing kit. Yea!
So a couple parts are dorked. Vans will fix it.
I'm with Vlad. Order the fuse!
Congratulations.

Back