What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel selector valve

Bernard Hartnell

how do you turn the one fitting down as pictured in the plans. Tried but do not want to force and brake it $$$$ ! I am referring to the gas line that goes to the boost pump and gascolater and on to the engine. Not the rt & left tank inlets. The one that goes forward in the middle. Thx

This fuel selector is for the 14

clarification: the 14 plans show the one fitting that is mounted forward turned down, but don't know how to do it.

Valve

Did you unscrew it? You need to remove the screws and pull it off. Then you can better reach that rivet. Then when you put it back on, use the correct orientation. At first, I didn't think it came off, but it does. Grab it good and pull straight out. Flip it, then reinstall. Hope that's what you were asking.

Make sure you read the instructions that came with the Andair valve. After you are done with the fitting orientation the screws need to be locked with a center punch (see instructions for procedure).
The fittings have O-rings and will pull straight out once the four small screws are removed.

Fuel selector

the fuel selector came with each of the three valve's four threaded screws in a zip lock bag. None are holding the elbows on. Read the instructions both in manufacture and vans assembly aircraft manual. No mention of punching screws or how to orient the center elbow down. Very tight in place! Do not want to over pull or wrench and brake.:rolleyes:
Bernie

Last edited:
And air Fuel selector for 14

are you saying to take the top four screws out that have been punch set in order to pull the elbow out and reorient it?

Outlet elbow on fuel selector - got it

i got it!!! Just didn't wiggle and pull hard enough!������ now able to place the final rivet and orient it down to work for the 14. So now should I punch set each of the four elbows when setting their screws or just use red or blue lock tight? I see each of the side elbows have center punch holes pried riled in place, so it's talking to me!

Last edited:
If I recall correctly the center punch instructions were with the Andair valve. It was only a small sheet of paper. I think they might have been in the bag with the screws. But yes the valve already had some screws center punch locked for us to copy from.

Back