VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 08-02-2018, 11:24 AM

Good job, DRMA

I may try the same. Full interior is a ways off.

Hop-Along Aerodrome (12VA)
RV-6A - N30YD - flying since '98
RV-10 - N130YD reserved - under construction

donating monthly to the VAF - thanks, Doug
Old 08-05-2018, 07:02 AM

Turns out I need four of the elastomers and they're sold individually. That's a painful chunk o' change. Fortunately, I can source them from Chief for $109 each, vice the $138 the mothership is asking.

I'm reaching the stage in the build where the peripherals and incidentals are becoming essential to continued progress. Wow, do those items add up fast. I wish I could score a discount on wheels, tires and brakes (Matco stuff) before next month. The outlay just around the corner will include large chunks to Cee Bailey, Desser, Matco and Chief... a nice warmup for Lycoming, Hartzell and Advanced Flight Systems

I have my left-side wire cover kit in hand; will investigate the feasibility of engineering a mirror image with hand tools/no sheet metal brake. Probably not excessive effort but we'll see.

Spent yesterday with my best friend from Richmond starting to close up the top of the tail cone. He's been wanting to come up for a long time to get a few licks in on this project. We got the wing walk stiffeners back-riveted, the engine mount bolts torqued, and two rows of J-stringers done on the top forward tail cone skin (say goodbye to easy access to the battery/servo bay, but it's time to move on, we've put this off as long as practical).

Lou Dawg has gotten his hands dirty on my RANS S-12 and my RV-6A over the past 25 years, and now he has a corner signature on the -10. Airplane building and Cuban cigars are not a bad way to spend a Saturday Today, we mow the runway. Again.

Hop-Along Aerodrome (12VA)
RV-6A - N30YD - flying since '98
RV-10 - N130YD reserved - under construction

donating monthly to the VAF - thanks, Doug

Last edited by Bill Boyd : 08-05-2018 at 08:40 AM.