VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 08-04-2018, 07:08 PM

Default RV-7 Project Near Completion

Friend, local pilot, and VAF member Allen Fulmer (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/member.php?u=499) has asked me to sell his project, as he is faced with a serious medical problem.

It's an RV-7, with a three-screen GRT panel (2 HX, 1 HS), a 430W, and a lot of extras, like a full leather interior from Classic Aero. All systems are installed, and painting has started. The wings have been fitted and removed for paint, so it's immediately trailerable.

Current powerplant is a 3.0L turbo Subaru from Eggenfellner, with a Gen III red gearbox, and a Quinti/Sensenich electric prop. The market doesn't support the Egg Subaru, a reality Allen readily accepts. So, the airplane is priced at $50K, i.e. as if it had no powerplant at all. Remove the firewall forward, install a new Lycoming, and go fly.

Vans policy allows one discounted Lycoming and one new prop per kit serial number. This serial number is eligible. Many components intended for the electrically dependent Subaru (dual electric fuel pumps and dual batteries, for example) may be re-deployable to support electronic fuel injection and EI, if desired.

(POSTSCRIPT: http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...d.php?t=162892)

The horizontal tail, vertical fin, emp fairing, and ailerons have already been painted. This was the planned scheme:

The full list of kits, avionics, and airframe options is at my office. I'll get it posted first thing Monday. The total is over $100K. In the meantime, I've set up a photo file here:

https://www.danhorton.net/Allen%20Fulmer%20RV-7/

The photos are all large format, so blow them up to see details. The Scheme Designers PDF is there too.

Please remember that although uncompensated, I am representing the seller. As such, I cannot do a pre-buy for the purchaser. I'll only say it's good work, and the inspector of your choice is entirely welcome here.

Email or PM please.

Last edited by DanH : 08-08-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:25 PM

Here is the equipment list, from Allen's records:

https://www.danhorton.net/Allen%20Fu...ent%20List.pdf
Old 08-08-2018, 03:34 PM

Gang,

Wings.....everything is now together in the hangar at at 08A. Tips are the batwing style, installed with piano hinge for fast access.

Last edited by DanH : 08-08-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:42 AM

For some reason that thing looks exceptionally cool with the 4 blade prop on it!!!

GLWS
Old 08-10-2018, 08:29 AM

Dan,

PM sent.

Dave
Putting the "slow" in slow-build since 2004!
Old 08-10-2018, 10:30 AM

Default I know thos airplane....

....before Allen moved from Alex City.......having frequently visited the project (and knowing Allen) while under construction, I can say without a doubt, the work is impeccable.

Someone is going to get a steal.....sorry Allen.
Exempt but paid

Last edited by Hwood : 08-11-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:05 AM

Ok, gang, now back from a weekend commitment. All those who wanted to come look, set a day and let's get 'er done.

Spoke with Allen today, and he is feeling a little better. Chemo is a b-atch.

BTW, he says he intended the existing aluminum sheet panel to be a template, and was planning to have end product CNC cut, in aluminum or carbon, after finalizing everything. That's why it looks so unfinished in the photos.

Last edited by DanH : 08-13-2018 at 11:22 AM.