What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Manual Elev. trim cable support

seattleworm

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I am hoping I am not asking a stupid question here. I installed the manual elev. trim yesterday. The plan calls for riveting the welded nut to the inspection cover at the horizontal stab. That is fine, but I have hard time to figure out how I am going to remove the Hstab once I have them riveted together. It looks like I have to drill out the rivets to separate the welded nut and inspection cover first. Do I miss anything here, or just my brain is not working right? Thanks for any thoughts.

Last edited:
Same trim setup

on my 9A. Just take out the screws holding the cover to the bottom of the stab and spin the cover off the trim cable. Now you can pull the cable out of the stab and remove it.

Thanks Al! I thought about rotating the cover together with the bolt, and was thinking the clearance between the cover and bottom surface of HStab is not enough to do so. But I only did that in my head, not actually tried it hands on since I haven't riveted the nut to the cover yet. From you experience, I guess if I bend the cable enough, I should have clearance to do so.

Back