What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How to Install the ACS Landing Light

Skybolt Al

Well Known Member
Here I am with my RV9A almost ready for paint and I can't figure out how to install this landing light kit from Aircraft Spruce. I have the lens from Vans. I fabbed a spreader that spans the last 2 ribs and mounts the bulb holder from ACS but I can't visualize how I'm going to get the lens in and out of the hole in the leading edge to service the bulb, or what kind of 'keeper' system to hold the lens in place. Or do I just give in and plan to remove the wing tip and pull everything out from the back? I sure would like to know what I'm doing before I cut that big hole.

img0001rdl.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Is that all you got in the install kit? I just bought the Duckworks rectangle install kits for my 9A. If you go onto their website you can see some of the individual components that make up their installation. www.duckworksav.com. You might be better off buying a complete install kit for each side price wise. Their round light install kit might be best in your situation.

Back