What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transponder Status (Code) on Skyview

jimbrenn

Anybody out there using a Garmin GTX 327 and showing a squawk code on the top bar of the Skyview Screen. Both Skyview manuals indicate the GTX can provide status. The GTX pin 20 (RS-22 out1) is connected to Dynon pin 3 Serial Port 1 RX. I have configured both Dynon and The GTX for this. I am getting the big red "X" covering the entire transponder status area. Any input would be great. Have been dealing with this issue to long.

Nothing to see here

While no help to you I have same setup and look forward to the solution as it sounds interested and I'd like to try; I was unaware you could do so.

I was unaware to could do that with any transponder other than their 261/262 transponder.

Have you tried to call their Tech Support line? They've been VERY helpful the couple times I've had to call.

Just ran into a possibly related issue

when installing my Navworx ADS600B transceiver on my GRT HS
efis system. Turns out that the Garmin 327 transponders need firmware version 2.10 + to communicate the squawk code out to connected devices AND the rs232 out setting has to be set to "remote" in the 327 setup menu. My 327 firmware was version 2.09 but with the update to 2.10 (today) it talks to the Navworx ADS600B fine. Likely that the firmware version or setup issue is the problem with your set up too...

Hope this helps.

Skyview Users Guide 6.2 & Installation Guide 4.15 clearly state`: when connected properly, third party transpoders such as the Garmin GTX330 and GTX 327 can provide status. ( Indication of Sqawk Code on top of Skyview screen)

Back