What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: Workbench Upgrade

Skybolt Al

Well Known Member
So I'm sitting around bored because my wings are done and my fuselage kit hasn't arrived from Van's. As of 12/28/09 kit shipments are 12 weeks out, at least for mine anyway. Looking for something to do, I decided to improve access to air and electrical on my workbench. Picked up a couple of 4 gang elec. boxes, armor cable, air filter/oilers, 1/2" copper tubing, and fittings and lit up my propane torch. After a little bit of wiring and soldering just 9 joints, I now have 8 convenient electrical outlets and 3 air sources built into both sides of the bench. No more extension cords and dragging air hoses across the floor.

img0005lv.jpg

The air supply coupling and shutoff valve.

img0004tm.jpg

Have to have an oil-free source since my other 2 sources are auto oilers for the air tools.

img0003ro.jpg

I mounted a 4 gang box on both sides of the bench.

img0002js.jpg

These air regulator, filter, and oilers ($20 from HF) are mounted on either side of the bench.

Sweet!

Nice work, Al....and that table's gonna be the center of many projects over the years, besides the airplane. Bike repair, lawn mower repair and so on. Honey do's will go easier....nice,

Best,

Dang it! I've been meaning to do that kind of thing for awhile and now that someone else has, it I must run home now and begin working on the project so not to be behind. :D

I'm flying

and I'm still behind! As RosAnne Rossanadana said, it's always something...:)

Good On Ya...

Back