What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which way is up?

Skybolt Al

Well Known Member
OK, before you all think I'm really dumb, I can't figure out from the plans if the break on the upper baggage compartment bulkhead (#652) goes up or down. Either way, it seems that the screws will go through the break and make a dent when tightened down. Here are pics of what I'm talking about. (The break is on the right if you can't see it). Thanks for the help.

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

flange to aft

Al,
The flange on the top of the bulkhead goes to the aft. You either have to make a notch or there already is one for the vertical pc in that bulkhead. I can't remember the number of it. The "V" protudes into the baggage compartment.

Hope that helps.

The Bottom....

The edge with the break goes to the bottom to tighten the fit between the upper and lower panels. Yes if you tighten the screws down it will make a dent. It's really not even noticeable.

Last edited:
Al. You can see here why the small bend on the top sheet is at the bottom. It makes for nicer fit over the bottom sheet. It makes for a nicer (and stronger) fit over the bottom sheet.

20090908_06.jpg

Back