What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First snow and colors starting.....

flyinmonque

Well Known Member
........Fall is finally here in the High country. The colors were almost gone this time last year, but are just getting started for this season. Snow level was down below 9,000 ft and frost on the pumpkin even in the lower valley this morming.

With the tragic news of late a little reminder of why we do this!
Freeman Res.
la2i.jpg

Pyramid Pk.
ofz8.jpg

Ripple Creek Pass
40fp.jpg

Pagoda Pk.
9mt0.jpg

Little Beaver Flat Tops
eftp.jpg

Little Beaver Flat Tops
0bxi.jpg

Lower Yampa Valley
jdp2.jpg

Really???

As my wife and I flew home to Long Island, New York yesterday from San Francisco on a B767 I pointed out the snow on the ground in the highland as well as the beautiful colors. She said, "Maybe we should move here when you retire. I bet the flying is wonderful" Music to this man's ears...

Super pix, thats my elk hunting turf in a couple weeks. Can't wait to overfly with my new 7. By the way, I'll bet that was you I saw over Stagecoach last winter while I was ice fishing...yellow? Great shots, keep them coming!
Jim

Where is this? We are heading for Colorado on Friday.

David,

These sites are in the Steamboat Springs and Aspen area. Yampa Valley is W of Steamboat, Freeman Res N of Craig, Pyramid Peak SW of Aspen.

Jim Berry
RV-10

Where they are.....

.......Little Beaver Flat Tops are at the North end of The Flat Tops. Pyramid Pk is West of Ripple Creek Pass. (west side of Flat Tops). Have to look Jimzim might have a photo of you ice fishing. Not holding up any fish either:D Your aware you can't fly within 24 hours before hunting.

Last edited:
Ya, my 7 is a year from done and I know about the fly, hunt thing. I'll be at Stagecoach this January and I'll wave. :)

Back