What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon boxes...

Jimzim

Well Known Member
OK, after some great feedback from VAF, the ADAHRS is resting in it's new home in the fuselage. But does anyone have experience with a good location for the transponder and engime monitor boxes, too. There seem to be many spots that will work up front behind the panel, but maybe there is more to it. Can the engine module just go on the aft firewall near a penetration point or does that space need saved for something else? I'm planning on dual P-mags if that matters.
Thanks for any suggestions!!
Having a ball in CO, Jim

(2012 paid)

ems box

I used a D6 for my backup so I had room on the panel support. The connector on the top slides in right beside the D6.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I wanted it in a position that I could troubleshoot. Laying on your back over the spar trying to see a pin number on a DB connector is not fun. Even if you have a slider, the farther towards the firewall you go, the harder it will be to work on.

I put the arinc 429 on the inside of F-745-L. You could do that with the ems as well. One thing I didn't do that I regret is to put a rs232 hub or junction box in for the skyview.

OK, after some great feedback from VAF, the ADAHRS is resting in it's new home in the fuselage. But does anyone have experience with a good location for the transponder and engime monitor boxes, too. There seem to be many spots that will work up front behind the panel, but maybe there is more to it. Can the engine module just go on the aft firewall near a penetration point or does that space need saved for something else? I'm planning on dual P-mags if that matters.
Thanks for any suggestions!!
Having a ball in CO, Jim

(2012 paid)

Hi Jim, I dont have an answer for you but I am at exactly the same point in my build with a similar setup (SkyView, dual P-mags)...and I'm in Denver. I'll keep ya posted as to what I come up with...or vice versa if you beat me to it.

The ADAHRS went on a "shelf" constructed one bay aft of the baggage compartment bulkhead...see the posts elsewhere, just search "2 comms".
And Ron, I'll PM you, I met a friend of yours at my hangar last weekend, Platte Valley...Brian.
Thanks, Jim

Back