What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Golf club pictures

jrbreeland

I'm New Here
I'm currently shopping for a 6 and I've read it's possible to carry 2 sets of golf clubs in the baggage compartment, but I've yet to see a picture. Could somebody post a picture next time they perform this magic trick? Many thanks!

I have found that playing golf and owning an airplane are two hobbies that are incompatible! :p

If your gonna put em in the bag compartment, the rear bulkhead will need to be modified unless you play with non standard/short sticks. Most say just go solo and remove the passenger seat back.

Last edited:
Golf

If you have enough money to have an airplane and go golfing then you need to get rid of the clubs and get another airplane :eek:

I don't have pictures, but I have done it in a 7. Your golf bag, of course, can't be one of those tour size monsters. You will have to take all the woods out of the bags and angle them from the back of the baggage compartment over the seat back rail. It can be done with or without taking all the irons out first and laying them on the floor then putting the bags on top.

2 bags

Done it several times in a 6a. My recollection is that just the drivers had to come out. Sorry, no pics.

YES it can be done

JR,
Yes it can be done. Here are some pictures. You will have to take the drivers and long hybrids out, but most irons should fit staying in the bag. (Standard size clubs) The drivers and hybrids will have to be placed diagonal in order to fit and get the canopy to close. Very easy to do. Watch the weight on the bags though. (Although this is a very good excuse to clean out your bag.)

More about a recent RV golf trip here:

1st bag goes in diagonal:

Place hybrids/long irons on top, then put in 2nd bag.

If you don't have a Bison Mountain Bag, I highly recommend one, it allows you to use the whole baggage compartment for bags, while keeping all your flight gear and tool bag neatly tucked behind a seat.

Dan

Back