What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ICOM A220

jask

Well Known Member
I plan to install the dynon efis and am thinking about this radio. Do you think I have a better option? Thanks

I have a SkyView with the ICOM 210.

They work very well together. Note, I have a Sigtronics 200S intercom, which works very well.

All my audio alarms go through the ICOM and then to my intercom. The combination works out very well.

Correction, I have the 210, not the 220. My understanding is the 220 is an upgraded version of the 210. If that is the case, i would have no issues with going with another ICOM radio.

Last edited:
Fit the Dynon radio. Search elsewhere about the ICOM and see the issues guys are having :eek:

If you want a separate radio install, look at TRIG - much better I think.

ICOM 220

Edit: SO - I should read the OP more closely - he asked about the newer 220 - not the 210's I answered about. DOH! Please disregard.

I have had a pair of these in my RV-7 along with my Skyview since the plane was new (~ 4 yr - 320 hrs). Absolutely no problems with either one of them. Very happy with them. Mine are connected through a Garmin GMA-240 audio panel.

That said - not a big fan of the whole face removal/ribbon cable thing when installing or removing from the panel, but it's not really a problem if you exercise care. I recently removed the one used for COM 2 to make room in the stack for an Avidyne IFD440 which has it's own COM.

Last edited:
Ive used a A210 for about 10 years in a 9, has worked fine however been back to icom once. I think it was ribon cable problem. I thought the A220 moved away from the ribbon cable or at least had an improved version from the 210 . ? Was thinking about upgrading but found that the 220 has a different tray and connection than the 210 and 200 which is tray interchangeable

Back