What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vetterman Exhaust

Jkkinz

Well Known Member
I would like to send out a big thank you and recommendation for Vetterman Exhaust! I bought an exhaust system for my IO360 from them a while back and on finally getting it installed I found that one of the pipes was too close to my SJ cowl. I called Clint and he had me send the pipe back to them to get it adjusted. Not only did they correct the clearance issue but refused to take any payment for the repair or shipping. That was something I didn't expect.
Great people to deal with!!

Agree

When I purchased my Vetterman exhaust in 2013 I said Larry was an artist. I still stand by that. Beautiful exhaust system.

I've had a very similar great experience with Clint from Vetterman. Not only did he make an adjustment free of charge... When the system still wouldn't quite work he had me send it back and gave me a full credit toward a different (trombone style) exhaust that would work best with my cold air sump, etc. He went well above and beyond and answered all my questions as well. Great person to work with!

Same here. I had an original Van's (Vetterman) exhaust that came with the RV-7A project I bought. Sent it back to Clint and he credited me towards a new 4 into 2 dual muffler exhaust. He said the dual muffler system would provide better cabin heat for when the airplane moves to Minnesota.

It didn't fit the SJ cowl on either side, so sent it back and had it modified (twice for the left side). Only had to pay the shipping to Clint.

Fits great, no bump out on the extended SJ cowl, a little close on the intake runners (Superior cold air sump), but nothing that a little SS heat shield won't cure.

Good service, nice product.

Last edited:
Back