What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sixth Annual Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's - June 16th

bullojm1

Well Known Member
Sixth Annual Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's - June 16th, 2018

For the sixth! consecutive year, EAA Chapter 1384 is sponsoring the Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's at the Carroll County Regional Airport (KDMW - Westminster, MD) on Saturday, June 16th (Rain Date - Sunday, June 17th). The event will start at 1000 and go until 1500.

Food and Drinks will be available, along FUN FOR EVERYONE! The event has been a GREAT SUCCESS the last FIVE years (see threads http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=99800, www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=112928, http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=128715, http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=136913 and http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=149956).

Gathering2018-1.jpg

Hope to see a bunch of VAF'er there!!! More details to follow!

Last edited:
6th Annual Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RVs

Our event is now listed on the VAF Calendar for June 16. We plan on starting at 10am and running till 3pm. We plan on having two special events added this year. One will be a Program/Presentation from AOPA. The other will be the now famous OSH Beer Exchange! More on that as we get closer to our Fly-in. Hope to see you at KDMW (Carroll County Airport in Maryland) soon.

Steve
RV9A 800 Hrs. and going strong!

Hop Swap!

HopSwap2018-640.jpg

The 6th Annual 2018 Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RV's offers a prep for Oshkosh - CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE STYLE!

Bring 6 craft beers, take home 6 craft beers. Sorry to make the rules so diffcult! :D

We are coming up on the final few days for the Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RVs. Weather is looking real good for our fly in and we hope that you can join us. Three items of interest.
1. Our HOP SWAP created by our own Mike Bullock. Bring a 6 of your favorite beer and exchange it for others favorite beer. Got to bring 6 in order to play!
2. We are having a Safety Seminar presented by Mike Hangartner of AOPA at 11:30. You will want to sit in on this one!
3. Of course food and beverage will be in abundance. (donations appreciated)

Look for other reminders as we get closer to this Saturday. Safe travels and great camaraderie awaits!

Steve Koziol
Chapter 1384 President
RV9A Driver
(Yes, a Nose Wheel always is upfront and leads the way!)

Well we are just a day and a half from our 6th RV Flyin and the weather promises to be great flying weather. For those of you needing to top off your tanks for the trip home, we have a great price for you. Our Fuel Truck cost is normally $6.07 per gallon, but our FBO manager Greg has given us the Fuel Truck Price at the Self Serve price of $4.99 per gallon. Nothing like a nice $1 Discount per gallon to end the day!

Good Food, good gas price and great friends await.

See you Saturday!:)

Steve
Chapter 1384 President

Yep, a whole lot cheaper on fuel prices than around my area. Already planning to top off my tanks when I get there. Just hope the five gallons I have on board is enough. :D
Well we are just a day and a half from our 6th RV Flyin and the weather promises to be great flying weather. For those of you needing to top off your tanks for the trip home, we have a great price for you. Our Fuel Truck cost is normally $6.07 per gallon, but our FBO manager Greg has given us the Fuel Truck Price at the Self Serve price of $4.99 per gallon. Nothing like a nice $1 Discount per gallon to end the day!

Good Food, good gas price and great friends await.

See you Saturday!:)

Steve
Chapter 1384 President

Jealous...

Would love to attend this!

Was at Carroll County for nearly a week last month attending a wedding! While the wedding was nice...I'd have much rather had a little time out and gotten to hang with some fellow RV peeps....

Mike, your "Hop Swap" is a great idea for a FIFO (Fly In, Fly Out) type of dealio (in fact, it's so good I'm gonna steal that idea for something I've got rolling around in the hopper) but we both know that wouldn't even make it to the consideration phase for next month's Beer Exchange @ KOSH...as we'll be "dealing mad volume and fatstackin' empties" with that crowd!

Hope you guys have a great turn out and see you next month!

Rob

Chapter 1384 is ready for our 6th RV Fly-in tomorrow. Tents are up, food is ready and we look forward to seeing you at KDMW (Carroll County Airport). Weather is going to be one of the nicest flying days all year so far this year so we hope to see you and renew some great friendships. Safe Travels and enjoy your flight.

Steve
267 614-8251
President Chapter 1384

What a great day for holding our 6th Mid Atlantic Gathering of RV's. Weather was picture perfect and attendance was great. Thanks to all of you who traveled to our little airport to celebrate with us food, flying and just good old conversation. It looks like we had well over 40 RV's attend with another 10 plus aircraft carrying new RV builders! Estimates look close to 100 people visited. A special thanks to AOPA's Mike Hangartner for his fine presentation on "Emergencies". Our "Hop Swap" was a lot of fun and I am sure this will be an on going event with us. Thanks to Vans for sending us several autographed Vans Aircraft hats signed by Van himself! Our hat prize winners were;
Steve Gavitt, Gus Hoglund, Jim Thill and Don Boisselle! Hats are going out today guys. Finally, our 50/50 raffle goes to Mike Cummins. Lastly, I would like to thank all of our Chapter Members who donated their time to make this Gathering our best one yet. Yes, we have a video in the works and will post it when it is completed. I want to personally thank each of you who flew into Carroll County and look forward to seeing you each again next year!

Best!

Steve
President Chapter 1384

Here is the video link of our 6th Annual Mid-Atlantic Gathering of RVs. Special thanks to Laura and Philip for producing this great video and to all of you who flew into KDMW and made the day that it was! Sit back, relax and enjoy!
https://youtu.be/lCtOSe9_RR0

Steve
RV9A N424JK:)

Back