What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Throttle to FI Servo?

pilotkms

Well Known Member
I had to replace the throttle lever on my Precision Airmotive Fuel Injection servo because the originally provided one was too short. This new lever has a 1/4" hole to attach to the cable bearing. The Vans supplied bearing is MW-3M with a number 10 hole for both the lever and the cable threaded end. I have not been able to find a bearing that will fit this > 1/4" inch lever hole with a number 10 cable threaded hole. Anyone know of one?
If there isnt one can i use a piece of brass tubing and make a bushing for the AN3 bolt that goes thru 1/4" hole into the the MW-3M ?

Throttle arm

You need to find a STEEL bushing that will fit inside the 1/4 hole and have a 3/16" inside diameter. I would make one from steel if you can. It needs to be exactly the same thickness of your throttle arm so when you attach the rod eye with the 3/16 bolt, the bushing is clamped inside the hole and cannot move. You might be able to take it to a machine shop and then can fabricate one for you. They could make it an interference (like .001"undersized) fit so it won't come out. Being steel on steel, there would be much less wear on the bushing over time.
There is all kinds of stuff like this on engine installations. It's never over until it's over. YOu just have to keep solving problems and soldier on...
The other option is call Don Rivera at Airflow Performance and see if they have what you need in throttle arms.....

Aden

Last edited:
Back