What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Falcons, KC Flight and Bulldogs at Airventure

N520TX

Well Known Member
We've got 16 pilots all lined up to demonstrate their stuff here at Air venture. Tuesday at 11ish we'll be over show center flying various formations then on Thursday we'll be saluting the women of aviation with a pink smoke flyover! Watch for us after the Thunderbirds land!

16 and 15-ships RV Formations at Oshkosh

On Tuesday, 29 Jul, we flew a Large Formation routine overhead Oshkosh at 1115. We entered with two 8-ships in a Criss-Cross maneuver, then rejoined in a Double Diamond, then went into a Figure 8 changing to an Arrowhead formation, then finished with a Diamond of Diamonds formation. Falcon Flight from Texas, KC Flight from Missouri, and Mid-South RVators from Arkansas combined forces conduct the formations.

Then on Thursday, 31 Jul, the same pilots minus one from Falcon Flight conducted a 15-ship Delta during the Airshow with Pink Smoke to honor Women in Aviation, and Tanya Card flew in place of Scott Card.

Anyone who has pictures of these formation is encouraged to post the best ones, or send to sturdy614 at yahoo dot com

Participants were

Falcon Flight
Stu McCurdy (Falcon), RV-8
Scott Card (Scoot), RV-9 flew Tuesday
Tanya Card (Cookie), RV-9 flew Thursday
Ron Walker (Shorts), RV-7A
Pat Tuckey (Glider), RV-8 did not fly Thursday
Jeff Jackson (Shiner), RV-8
Roy Geer (Jarhead), RV-8

KC Flight
Bill Gill (BeeGee), RV-7
Keith Schult (Jazz), RV-7A
Steve Stuckey (Boomer), RV-7A
Dale Den Besten (Pink), RV-4
Phil Lamb (Ripper), RV-8

Mid South RVators
Gerald Loyd (Bulldog), RV-4
Randal Warren (Digger), RV-6A
Mark Burns (Drone), RV-7A
David Bray (Tater), RV-8

AND
Gary Sobek (Condor), RV-6

Ground and Flying Spare on Thursday
Karl Gashler (Gash), RV-8

Last edited:
Faces to Names

Here's a link to the pilots who flew - Matching faces to names is an exercise I'll leave to the reader ;o)

Pilots-OSH-2014.png

In my first look through my pictures sitting on the ground while my airplane performed, this is probably my "best of" untouched.
2vcdvg0.jpg

Just in case anybody doesn't know how much time it takes to do a micro moment fly-over during OSH, it takes ALL day. I'll have more pictures and video from ground and air, but now it is time for sleep.

Last edited:
16-ship Criss Cross over OSH

On Tuesday, the combined teams of Falcon Flight, KC Flight, Mid South RVators, and Condor flew a 16-ship formation in the airspace over OSH above the pattern at about 1120 am. We entered the airspace in a two 8-ship formations Criss Cross maneuver with smoke on, which should have left a Tic Tack Toe smoke pattern behind us. I have not yet seen a picture of it, but I bet there is one in someone's camera. If you have one, please post it here, or send it to me.

Thanks in advance.

Back