What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Skyview HDX Quick Panel Issues

stre176

Hello,

I have just over 100 hours on my quick panel built by Advanced Flight Systems. The panel is composed of 2x 10" Dynon HDX screens with all systems connected to the Advanced ACM.

vfr-rv7-skyview.png

It had worked excellent until recently, so I thought I would see if anyone else is experiencing the same minor issues before I dive into taking connectors apart.

1) After the last software update, my Strobe/Nav toggle switch doesn't work correctly. Initially, Selecting Strobe would turn on both the strobe and nav lights and selecting Nav would turn on only the nav lights. This was nice as I could turn off the strobe lights while performing night-time run-ups and still remain visible. Now, selecting Strobe activates the strobe lights and selecting Nav turns on the Nav and Strobe lights. This could be a wiring issue on my end, but the timing was odd as it occurred immediately after upgrading to firmware version 15.3.3.

2) After upgrading the software several updates ago, the defrost switch is now inop and the defrost fans stay on any time the master switch is on. Previously, the defrost switch controlled the defrost fans correctly.

Has anyone else run into these minor issues?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have AeroLED Nav/Strobes and my tail light did the same as yours. Turning on Nav would result in strobe also coming on and vice versa.

An email to the company got me a replacement light.

Last edited:
Do you have the ACM with fuses or electronic circuit breakers?

In the fused version the fans are not controlled by any software, only the switch. If you unplug the switch cable at the ACM do the fans turn off?

The lights are controlled by software, what version of software are you running?

Have you changed any of the light wiring or switch wiring?

Give us a call from the plane and we can help trouble shoot it.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems

Last edited:
Brock
I also have a this panel with minor differences. Your number 1 concern is a matter of preference and I too talked to Advanced about it and they said it would be changing in the software upgrade. So there are no bad connectors. It is probably working as they intended now you gotta adapt. I also use the wigwag function and there some interesting behaviors with it that are all part of software.

Not sure about your fans. But I discovered some of my cabin lights were misbehaving because they were connected to a voltage wire that varies with ambient light, per design. I had to change the power input to a standard 12V. No biggy.

So before I'd go into connectors, I'd find out from Advance how the software is intended to be working.

have fun

Thank you for all of the replies.

Rob,

The ACM has standard fuses. I removed the switch ribbon cable from the ACM, and the fans continue running. I am using version 15.3.3, and I haven't changed any of the wiring since the first flight almost a year ago.

I'll give you a call from the plane tomorrow to see if we can figure it out. Thanks for your help!

Back